What information do we collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and computer and connection information. We may use software tools as part of our marketing data collection, to measure and collect session information including page response times; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information; and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, communications), comments, and feedback, that you provide us through our forms.
How do we collect this information?
When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name and email address. Your personal information will be used only for the specific reasons stated in this policy.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect such non-personal and personal information for the following purposes:
- To be able to contact our visitors and users with updates about Shirley DicKards books and events
- To reach out, at your request
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred non-personal Information, which we use to improve our website, and browsing experience
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
How do we store, use, share and disclose your personal information?
We may contact you to respond to your request for more information, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our books, email you new blog posts, or as otherwise necessary for applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email or phone.
What third-party services do we use?
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- Links: When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Google analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
Session (Transient) cookies: These cookies are erased when you close your browser, and do not collect information from your computer. They typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
Persistent (Permanent or Stored) cookies: These cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire (i.e. the are based on a set expiration date) or until you delete them. These cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific site.
How can you withdraw your consent?
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and our contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, you are invited to contact us at email@example.com.